1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used the new xls

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by leigh, Feb 3, 2016.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Finally got to use the 2 new xls plows.So far so good.My nephew is overjoyed with his increase in production over his boss v. He started plowing with my blizzard 810 so he feels good to be back.I used mine on my gmc 4500 and it was much faster than my 10'mc. I'd say I'm now only a little slower than if I was in a pickup.Pushed a 12-15" storm and it was flawless.Not sure of those poly wings edges compared to the metal blizzard but time will tell. One thing we noticed was the amount of snow that builds up on the back of moldboard!all that exposed tube.Hope all the new fangled control/electronic dodads hold up,you ain't fixing those problems yourself. I could never go back to a straight blade for my mix of accounts.Even a 10% increase in speed is huge.That translates into thousands increase of income or more competitive bidding.If I figure the extra production of my 810 over a 10 year period it could buy me a new truck lol.I'm glad everyone isn't using these lol

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I agree used it in a 20 inch storm even with learning curve way faster then my mc
    The rubber did wear but we were out 26 hours straight so I'm ok with the amount of wear
    Was glad to get it these will be my plows on all truck going forward

3. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

Do u have a rubber deflector on?

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have one on mine

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Did you post pics of the truck hooked up ponyboy?

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I'm always on phone
    Pm your # I can text u or email u

7. leigh

from CT

I don't have one yet,might consider,tons of snow builds up on back of blade.Used xls again fri,9" storm ,worked great.Only thing is it was chattering in a few positions.My nephew noticed the same thing.Especially scooped straight.I got out and checked,thought I left the jack down,or was dragging something!

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

That's the rubber edges I'd assume I have same issue

9. leigh

from CT

That's what my nephew thought,doesn't happen on my blizzard 810 with steel wings.Also the ground was warm and there was no ice layer,it was like running plow on a snowless lot.

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I'm gonna be switching to all xls plows or snow ex plows I like the xls better then wideout I really need to look at snow ex
    Only issue I see is rubber wearing out espicalky when running along curbs gonna look to make some sort of cub guard for them and I hope the chatter goes away but I can live with it

11. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I have a few xls plows, and it's all I will buy. I purchased an xv and its productivity doesn't even compare to the xls.

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'll agree with everyone as far as time savings! Went from running a 8.6xv for years to this and in one particular large lot (aprox. 3.5 acres) I've already calculated about 10-15 minutes of time savings over the 8.6 xv. I want to do a video comparing an xls, 8.6xv and a 9.6 xv but can't seem to find anyone running a 9.6xv. It does chatter at times when in full 10ft wide open and on mine at least, with about 70-90 hours on it the rubber wing edges have worn down about an inch at least from the outer edge inward.

13. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

ponyboy, Wondering why you like the xls more than the wideout ? Other than the trip edge .

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

More supports or braces on rear side of plow
    Looks beefier