1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used SnowEx 575 Salt Spreader info

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Dr Who, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

There is a SnowEx 575 salt spreader that has been for sale here locally for a while. no pictures of it, but say the frame needs some work and it needs a motor. Its complete down to the wiring, but like I say it needs a motor and who knows what the damage is..

They are asking 350 for it, now I have not priced a new one, or priced the parts yet, but figured I'd ask you all what the used ones well for in working condition..
    I think it may not be worth the 350, depending on the damage to the frame....But could use a spreader for the truck, the walk behind in on its last legs and is getting old using it anyway..

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Needs a motor and bent offer him $100.00-$150.00 see if he takes it, I have been running bulk salt through mine with a bad bearing for three seasons now, good luck -Joe-

3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i just gotta 575 with no controller and a bad trans for 175, but i drove 3hrs for it.. the motors gonna run you 260-300 depending where you get it but other than that id say no more than 200 its a good deal, 300 if he has the controller!