1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used snow pushers

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by polarkingmfg, Apr 4, 2010.

1. polarkingmfg

polarkingmfg Inactive

We have 18 used pushers all sizes priced to move from 800.00 up to 2000.00 sizes start at skidsteer 8ft up to 14ft loader boxes all boxes have been used only one season.
    call 317-474-0471
  2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What brand are they?
  3. polarkingmfg

polarkingmfg Inactive

Polar King
  4. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

any pictures?
  5. happy

happy Junior Member

Polar King,
    Please call me (937)470-7167
    I tried a month or 2 ago to reach you. I left 2 messages, and no response back. I was having trouble with our pusher we bought off you. Our rubber is down to nothing. I am not sure we will buying another rubber cutting edged pusher again, if we can't figure out the problem.
  6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

maybe someone is putting too much down pressure on box? we put 400 hours on the pushers we own and only has to adjust them once this season.
  7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Do you have any 9ft pushers. Pictures would be helpful.
  8. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

why would a guy be selling 18 pushers for sale after only one season

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Come on you can figure it out. His name is Polarkingmfg and he is selling Polar King Pushers. I would guess rental units?
  10. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i have a 10' pusher. let me know if you want to come see it. 616-446-1777
  11. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

How much are you asking tojay?
  12. tojay22

tojay22 Member

$1700 for the red one in my pic or 2500 for a my 2 year old protech.
  13. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

polarking...do you have a 9ft?
  14. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Cheap quality rubber. Try a Pro-Tech or try putting Pro-Tech's rubber on there. Pro-Tech has been using the same rubber for 15 years for a reason. It might cost more, but you get what you pay for.
  15. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Give me measurements of the bolt pattern. I have a guy out here that makes a great poly edge. PM me for info.
  16. OutdoorServices

OutdoorServices Junior Member

Polar King Push Box Trouble

Same problem with ours we bought it this Fall pushed 4 times and edge had to be adjusted everytime used .Never had to much down pressure on the box either .Now the cutting edge is wore out ! Also the bottom edge that the cutting edge bolts to bent back after hitting a manhole . My opinion is a cheap knock off of a Protech Box . BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!! Just my opinion though I won't buy another from them !
  17. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Cuz they are F'ING JUNK! My guess is that someone's lawyer got a court order forcing them to buy those 18 back from the extremely dissatisfied customers, under the lemon law.

I know of an 8' skid steer model that will be for sale in the spring unless someone brings cash and trailer sooner! Only used a handful of times and its the biggest pile of junk in the fleet, and that's saying something all things considered!

Polar King???? ROFLMAO! Maybe scrapyard king!!!!!!

I guess if the main structure of them was built with something a little thicker than 1/8" sheet metal then they might be worth owning! This box has never left a perfectly smooth recently repaved large commercial lot here in town. Has not been abused. The skid steer runs 5 mph held wide open so its not like there's a lot of speed involved either.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  18. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I bought one a few years ago used it for one storm and sold it. They are junk. They are worth their weight in scrap metal.
  19. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I had bought 2 last year (12' backhoe) and after one storm the rubber ripped right off. So instead of selling them I went out and bought avalanche rubber and have only needed one adjustment and that was at the start of this season. They work great now, just needed the right rubber. I was stupid and bought something because it was cheaper. You get what you pay for. Never again, Avalanche all the way. It is worth the extra $1500.

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

Buy a protech!!!!