1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used SNOW EX 8000 Salter for sale!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ARW, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have everything included. Works Great. Little rust on frame.
    $2800.00 or you can buy new one.
    15 miles south of Indianapolis In. 46184

317-753-4944 cell

Alan

2. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

pictures please.....

3. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Photo's of salter

Here are the pictures of it just after spreading and removing from the truck.
    Yes I have washed it today.
    I works great.
    $2800.00 CASH

snow ex 1.jpg

snow ex 3.jpg

snow ex 2.jpg

4. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Tire kickers

Wow, Does anyone buy anything off this site?
    All want pictures, some ask silly questions and most have no cash on hand.
    I was just wondering if people stay on the computer and dream all day and night.
    Plus does it make people feel big to try and price everyone else's items but don't even want to buy what is offered.
    I think some need to get out and go to work, and or get a couple of friends to talk too.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Thats funny! I have always wanted to say that!!

6. coral

coral Senior Member

seems to be as many tire kickers as on craigslist

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Please don't jump on me for "kicking tires" or posting with no intention of buying, but............

No offense, but I'm sure the negative vibes in the above statement isn't helping the sale much. Personally, I would buy a new one vs spending nearly $3k on a used one.

8. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Part of the problem is, everyone wants top dollar for everything... I've seen plows selling for $300 less then what they cost brand new.... Call and check prices people...

9. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

Ya no offense but you are about a G to high on your price, thats why you are getting tire kickers.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I am not sure about a grand, but that that was one of two things to turn me away. (the other was distance) It's somewhat of a reasonable price, just not a bargin. Not for my region anyway. Good Luck

11. rickbays

rickbays Member

The price is steep on my end also.

I can get a brand new one in my town for 3299.00+197.94 tax. Brand new and no long road trip.

12. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

It seems to me that if you really wanted to sell it you would price it accordingly. I bought a truck with a plow and that exact spreader in like condition for $3900.00 So adjust your price to that of a used one and see what happens. Just my two cents.

13. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Well I figured someone would cut the balls off the price. So mark it up and give a deal to someone with cash.

Thank Alan

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i just bought one in that condition with the extra vibrator kit for $1750 so if things were priced for sale they would sell

15. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with everyone here. If I wanted to pay close to new price, then I would buy a new one. I bought a Boss hitch spreader off this site for 450 dollars. So far it's the best money I have ever spent. Tire Kickers come with any sale, but if it's priced right things move pretty quickly. Price out any item you are selling, and adjust your prices accordingly. If you don't mind sitting on it price it that way. If you want to move it quick, then the price needs to reflect that.

16. rickbays

rickbays Member

I called the dealer today and can buy it new out the door for $3000. Im interested in this type of spreader and have cash in hand. What city are you located in. Will road trip for the right price. Im not beating you up just being honest. Shot me a pm with your best price and I will see if I can make the trip or meet ya somewhere.

17. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Price is good buy 2

Wow Mid State Truck Equipment in Indianapolis sales them new here in Indy for .....
    $3750.00 so I'll take $2500.00 cash no tax. I feel around here that's a good price.
    Saving $1512.50 off new is not a bad thing for this area.
    Funny how demand, storms, and greed will over inflate the price on all the tools and supplies we work with.
    Everyone knows the price to charge but we as users know the value.

Thanks Alan

18. rickbays

rickbays Member

19. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Those salters will rarely bring 1/2 of what they cost new. Plus your pic show's it is filthy and full of salt. Doesn't give the impression it's been cleaned after each use which is imperitive on those 8000's.

20. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Sold !

Gone. bye,bye sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.