1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used salt dogg price

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AMS77, Oct 3, 2011.

1. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

I was looking at SHPE 2000 buyers poly 2 yard spreader that's is 1-2 years old.There asking 3000 grand was just trying to get some input on what you guys think of the price and spreader itself. Waiting on the seller to send me some pics. Thanks Aaron

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I liked mine had it 5 years no issues. Does the price include all the harnesses???

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Umm just as a reminder, ESI sells them new complete for $3050.00. They have the best prices and will ship very very resonably.

You should see the jokers who want to sell them used for 3000-3500

I will be buying a 2 yard poly from Jim within the next month

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

5. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Thanks for the welcome basher. Yes it does have the harnesses they even said it has the replacement for the junk one that every body had problems with. That also has the extended chute on it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you need the extended chute? Are you doing straight salt?

7. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Well its going on a flatbed and everybody has told me to go with the extended chute. Yes would be straight salt. Also just thinking about one of salt doggs tailgate spreaders this would be my first year with a spreader.

8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

overprized for sure!

9. EPM

EPM Member

Angelo's out this way sells them for a little under 3k i think. It is over priced. I just picked up the 1.5 yard used for $1250.

10. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Thanks for the info guys. Going to go look at it maybe tomorrow see what he will take for it.

11. EPM

EPM Member

Doesn't hurt to make an offer. The Guy I picked mine up from was asking $2500.

12. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Well went and looked at the spreader this morning and i have to say that it is in very good condition just have to make up my mind now

13. EPM

EPM Member

What was his bottom dollar?

14. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

havent really haggled with him yet he has two and someone offered him 2500 for one of them