1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Price for Western Plow - Is this an okay deal?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by n8r, Nov 28, 2007.

1. n8r

n8r Junior Member

This shouldn't expire very quickly. At any rate, I recently purchased a commercial building for our family business, and it has a very large parking lot. This year, snow removal is being handled, but next year we'll be on our own.

We recently had our '98 F250 4wd totalled, but the damage was pretty much contained to the bed of the vehicle. The thing still drives great, so I'm thinking it would make a good plow rig. Is the plow in the ad decently priced? I don't have the time these days to install a plow, how much would it cost to have it put on?

Are there more economical plows that might work well? The main lot is all asphalt and it's very flat, but it's a large area, maybe 3/4 of an acre? I'm not real familiar with all the terminology, but I think there are spots where I might need to back - drag.

Amazing that a site like this exists - thanks for any advice!
  2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

From the pics it looks decent. Cutting edge looks a little worn down on both ends, or could just be the pic it self. Is it complete with the mount, wiring, and controller? You might have to get a new wiring harness and mount anyways. The truck in the pic looks pretty old so I'm not sure it those would cross over to your '98. That blade is only 7'6", you might be better off with something in the 8' range. I'm sure if you kept looking you could find something a little bigger for around the same price if not a little cheaper.

As far a having it installed your probably looking at around $450-$600.

Welcome to plowsite and good luck!:drinkup:
  3. n8r

n8r Junior Member

This is probably the worst time of year to be shopping for a plow. Part of the reason I'm curious is because we have to figure out whether or not it's worth buying back the wrecked F250 for $1800 from the insurance company. Given the costs of having someone else do it, if we can get a decent plow setup for $2-3k it'd probably be worth it. I would imagine the spring time is a good time to buy a plow either used or from a dealer.
  4. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Does sound like a good plow and price may be "fair", if not a bargain. May well be able to talk him down to closer to $2000 Your 250 with this should work fine for your lot. Can always add ProWings or such for only a few $$.

Good Luck, Rip