1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Plows?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by WhiteChevy350ci, Jun 30, 2006.

1. WhiteChevy350ci

WhiteChevy350ci Junior Member

I have a '99 Chevy 3500, 350ci and I'm looking to buy a plow for it. I don't need anything fancy, and would like to save as much money as possible. Is there such a thing as a dealer installed used plow? Any input would be a great help, thanks.
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

I do them all the time. Trade in's are how to help the new and the used purchaser. The used purchaser can get a refurbished plow and have the unit installed and operational with minimal trouble.

3. WhiteChevy350ci

WhiteChevy350ci Junior Member

Any recomendations for plow makes and models? I only plan on doing driveways and small parking lots if I can get my hands on them.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

FISHER! no question, i know im only a little under 16 y/o, but ive been plowing with fisher since i was 8 y/o (not lying). And, as soon as i get my own truck, a fisher plow is going on it.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I'll be honest, I've been using a Meyer for the last 2 seasons and have had no problems whatsoever. I do some decent size lots and some driveways. I like it and it's been very reliable.

Parts are cheap around here also. I bought it used off a friend and have loved it since.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

my dealer tells me that he has had the least bit of trouble with WESTERN plows. I like the Western plow also because of the ultramount system, how can it get easier?
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't know too much about other systems, but the Fisher M/M system is really easy once you get the hang of it. I can have my plow on the truck in under 2 minutes honestly, including lining it up and everything. It is good for those morning you wake up to a surprise snow!