1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used plows for sale?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CGM, Nov 19, 2008.

1. CGM

CGM Junior Member

I'm new to the idea of snow plowing. I have a landscaping business and want to add this service for our customers this winter. I have a 1990 Dodge 350 one ton 4x4 auto with Dodge Cummins Diesel 12V, and have trying to find a used plow that would fit, just to keep my investment down on the first one. Any pointers? I live on Vancouver Island B.C. Thanks in advance!!

CGM

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most people have already got their snow removal guy lined up and contractssigned.
    There are not as many used plows for sale now as there was 2 months ago but tere are some around. Wait till May or June to look for one and get customers lined up for next year.

3. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Check the for sale forum

4. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

x2 check the sale forum

watch our local craigslist there are a few now and I have seen a couple of good ones going back a month. You may have to bite the bullet and buy a new harness for some of these deals.
    Don't take my advice, I'm a rookie too.

I am just over on the Mainland in Vancouver. Let me know if I can go check-out one of the plows for you if you find one over here.

5. John Chisum

John Chisum Junior Member

Okay I am new here too, and haven't run a truck in 4 years; since my dad and I did it together. It's a long story for another day.
    I just picked up a truck and a plow from seperate sellers on craigs list, you need to be quick to get a deal on there and cash talks. I have about $2500. invested in both. I also have a friend who is proficient in metal fabrication as the deal I got included the mount of a 7'6" western still mounted on the original GMC 3/4 ton. I am moving it too a 1989 Ford F150 that had a blade set-up on it up until this year. It should be interesting.
    Main point being craigs list is a valuable tool if you are quick.
    Sorry for the rant.

God bless and praying for snow.