1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Plows and Finding Right Mount Kit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Just wondering how important it is to find a used plow that is from your model truck. Is it an insignificant expense to buy the additional equipment if you buy a unit that came off another type of truck or is it imperitive that you find something from your make &model?

2. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Just did it not a big deal was able to buy the push plates off ebay.If your truck is newer than 2002 and the plow is older you will have to run the lights off a seperate switch.The conversion kit is like a thousand dollars for a fisher minute mount.But if you get the plow cheap its better then buying brand new,bottom of the line plow new is about 4000.00 now.Make sure you check ebay before you buy new,hope this helps!!

3. Four Seasons

great thanks. I have a new style 07 Chevy and was looking during the summer for used plows of my model truck which was useless. Just thinking this summer I would make it easier for myself and look for a good deal on anything and get the parts I need for my truck if its not like 1000 dollars. Hopeing i can fit anything to a 07 2500 for a couple hundo extra.

4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Problem is some mounts i.e. unimount are no longer made. So you either have to find used or buy unimount to ultramount adapter $$$$

5. Four Seasons

well I dont want a 10 year old plow. Just a year or two old. There's alot of them out there for 1 reason or another that are fairly new and cheaper. Would I be safe with anything 2005 and newer?