1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

*** Used Plow ***

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Whitehead, Nov 29, 2008.

1. I found a used plow sitting in a field that is in great shape with a 9 ft wide x 26 inches high blade...

It includes Mounting brackets with hydraulics and headlamps

The Headlight wiring is brittle. Blade has a little surface rust.

What is this unit worth... How much should I offer...

It is about 80 miles away and don't need to waist time or money...
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

have you got a picture? do you know what brand it is? Also, it depends on what your doing if you should buy it. 9 feet is way to big for residential, but it's good for roads. What would you want to munt it on?
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check the hoses for dry rot. Fluid will need to be changed. 9' will work on driveways jusr fine.
    Price depends on what make and model plow it is.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What is the make and model?
  5. Gentlemen...

All I have is some pictures that I will post soon...
  6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

well the pictures will be really helpful. Someone on here will you the make and model
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

and like hydro said, the 9' might be ok for drives, I personally like my 8' because I'm gonna have to do some tighter spaces
  8. Here are some pic'z... This is all I know of about it, almost...

EDIT: I cleaned up the pic'z...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

old school. nothing I've ever seen. Maybe one of the more experienced guys can help you out.
  10. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

looks to be an old meyers plow to me..
  11. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Looks like an old Myers or fisher. Though the pump looks like a Western and maybe a western uni-mount as well with some aftermarket cheap lights installed. At 9' and no holes in the blade along with the mount and pump you are looking at atleast $500.
    If you marketed the plow as if you knew it and you knew what it's worth and what kind of truck it fit on and what type of plow/mount/pump...you could get upto $8-900.
  12. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Looks like it's something left behind for a reason, that thing is old ..
  13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Unless you are good with tools and can fix a "pieced together from several brands" type of plow I sure wouldn't pay more then $150 or so for it.
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What truck are you thnking of putting it on?
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a Fisher becouse Fisher only made trip edge plows. It looks like an old Meyer to me.
  16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

well whatever it is, it needs some serious TLC. Ask him how much he wants and then offer $50 less.
  17. I am passing on the deal... I think I could get it for $300 or so but I don't need more to do...
  18. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Meyer blade, Western hyd. unit, hack job frame!
  19. JVRLandscaping

JVRLandscaping Junior Member

It looks like an old cable operated western. I'd only pay 300-500 for the blade. It looks like the meyer mounts are still on the blade. Don't waste your time with the pump unit and mount. You can get the right meyer mount for your truck for a few hundred with a pump.
  20. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Looks like a Myers 90 to me. My dad had one on his truck and looked just like that one. Good thing you passed it up, I've heard and experienced nothing but problems with it. Im glad I got a boss now. It was definatly worth the money