1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used plow with light problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by whitegmc, Oct 30, 2012.

1. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

Hey guys, I just picked up a used mm1 3 plug 8' HD. It needs some loving but the blade is in perfect shape with the exception of a small bend and the head gear is in pretty good shape just is slightly crooked too, but the deal was right ($650) and this is my first plow so if this season pans out with clients i'll graduate to a nicer unit next year and use this one as a back up. Going to put a fresh coat of paint on it and flush the fluid and slap a new cutting edge on and see what she will do this winter. payup

My question is the lights turn off whenever i adjust the plow, up down left right the turn off then come back on when i left off the button. My truck has a fish stick and its not the truck side wiring because i have hooked up to other plows and it works fine. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks guys.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the gnds. Kinda sounds like ur gnd is cutting out under the load or the plow

3. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

I'll take a look, I also noticed there are no running lights or directionals....just headlights...hmmm are there light wiring diagrams out there?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. Fishers website. Double ck that your tk connectors ate ok as well...where u tapped into the factory wiring harness for the plow