1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used plow wiring (9 pin wiring)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frank, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank Member

Hello all
    I don't post to often but I follow the site. I am wondering if someone can help me. i bought a used 6.6 western uni-mount from one person and bought the mount and wiring harness from another that came off a jeep wrangler, just like i have. the wiring harness has the 9 pin hook up, but the plow didn't. so i ordered a 9 pin male plug plow side. well since the 9 pin plug came with no installation instructions, i am trying to figure it out myself. I can trace the colored wires into the motor but my lights are the problem. I have "truck-light" lights on my frame and each one has 5 wires, red, black, green, yellow, and white. I don't want to risk putting wires together and blowing or burning out something. I know there is some Pros on here that can help me, before I take matters into my own hands and screw it up.javascript:smilie(':rolleyes:')

Thanks
    Frank

2. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

lighting on plow side of plug
    black/orange=ground
    gray=left turn
    purple=right turn
    brown=parking lights
    black=low beam
    white=hi beam

valve manifold
    white w/ yellow strip=2w
    light green=3w
    light blue=4w
    black/orange=ground for all 3 coils

let me know if you need the schematic. i can scan it at work and send it to you.

3. Frank

Frank Member

Thanks Turfplus

Now that I have a better idea of the 9 pin plug I can try a figure out the lights on the plow. If you have the time to send me the schematic. I would appreciate that.

Thanks Again
    Frank