1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used plow vs. new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by streetzstylz, Aug 25, 2002.

1. streetzstylz

streetzstylz Junior Member

which one is better on a small budget and a older truck and with just residential plowing and maybe a few small parking lots?
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

There are getting to be quite a few good used plows on ebay. I bought mine from there about this time last year. Only thing is that they are usually a long distance away.
    I drove to Colorado, closest I could find to me, and paid $900 plus gas for a decent used Western 7 1/2'.
    Wish i could have used it a little more last year.
    Just my experience,
    Mark K
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I bought my first truck plow used, a 7 1/2' Meyers for $800, 20 some years ago. I wouldn't have a problem buying another one used, if I could find what I was looking for. Look very closely at the welds for cracks and check the fluid in the pump. Just don't get suckered in to buying junk, wait for the plow you need.

You have the '95 F-250, right?
  4. streetzstylz

streetzstylz Junior Member