1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Plow Search

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TCNorth, Sep 10, 2009.

1. TCNorth

TCNorth Junior Member

I just bought a 2006 Dodge Ram and am looking for a good used plow. Does anyone have any suggestions on they make and model that best works with the Dodge line? I am unfamiliar with the mounts needed etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check craigslit or ebay for used plows.
    Read the different plow brand forums for more info on each plow.
  3. TCNorth

TCNorth Junior Member

Thanks. Will do.
  4. picknick15

picknick15 Junior Member

I have a curtis sno pro 3000 for sale it is charcoal grey has new lights and wirring on both ends. Te mount is a ford mount but we can make a deal for just the plow and wiring. It is an 8' straight blade. call me at 301-501-1724 I am in maryland but can ship.
  5. EDDocRon

EDDocRon Junior Member

I just went through a couple of months searching used 8 foot plows for my 'new' '99 F350 superduty. In the Minneapolis area, they often show up on sale boards such as Craigs list and in the local truck sale mags. But I had to consider cost vs a new plow.

Most of the old Western/Boss/fisher plows that had decent life left in them generally were selling in the $2500 range. Add new mounts for most of those and I am now up to $3k+

The summer sales and state fair specials where pretty good and I settle on a new plow instead:
    8 foot straight blade Boss with all standard accessories incl lights, completely installed for $4300 + sales tax ($300). Just seemed like a better deal

The cheaper plows available (i.e. 1200) all seemed to be rusting heaps with no life left.