1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bwallen149, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bwallen149

bwallen149 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have been looking for a used plow for light comercial use and to plow off boat ramps to go duck hunting. I found an older western, for $450 complete. I assume this is the older mount style. How hard are the pump and light setup to mount and how hard is getting the blade mounted. I figured for $450 I could use it the rest of this year, do a little work on it this summer and not lose money if I decide to sell it. Is there special mounting kits for these type plows? It will go on a 2000 psd. Also I have a buddy that will darn near give me an older Poulan?? plow. Problem is this thing is heavy, was all his older 1 ton chevy wanted. It was a municipal plow, anyone ever heard of this brand? I dont want to spend a bunch of $ as this is mainly duck hunting equipment, and to make a little on the side...