1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used plow for used 97' Ford F250HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brian m, Aug 14, 2004.

1. brian m

brian m Member

Does anyone know what is the year range I should be looking for when trying to find a plow and undercarriage to fit my 1997 F250 HD, old body style, reg. cab, 8' bed? Does it matter which plow mfg. I going with or not?
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The year range for your vehicle should be 1992- 1998. Should be same for all brands.
  3. brian m

brian m Member

Thanks for the reply Dave,

I found an 8' Fisher Hydraulic plow off a 1989 F250.
    Will I need a completely different undercarriage to get it to fit or can it be modified?
    And if it can't be modified what will I need to get from the dealer to get it to work for me, I can get the whole shebang for $500
    but if I'm gonna need a new undercarriage then it really isn't such a good deal after all, is it?

Oh, does that year range of 92-98 work for F350's as well.
    I mean can I get a plow off a 92-98 F350 and expect it to fit my 97 F250HD???
    Please let me know.
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The undercarriage from the 89 may fit with changing some of the frame plates which could cost 300-500. The undercarriage from the 92-98 350 is the same as the 250.