1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used plow for a 2003 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mikerocks, Aug 30, 2014.

1. mikerocks

mikerocks Junior Member

I'm looking to get a used plow for a 2003 Ram 2500 just to plow my driveway. Can anyone offer some advice? I see plows come up fairly frequently on craigslist and I'm not sure about compatability.

As an example I see a Boss plow currently installed on a 2002 for sale, would that fit my 2003 or will I need to buy a new mount?

Also, does the installation need to go to someone who specializes in plows or is it something my local mechanic can do?

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I have a blizzard 7 1/2 foot straight blade that will bolt right up to your truck. Come complete with mount, controller and wiring. Make a decent offer and its yours.

Anyone with basic plow/truck knowledge should be able to complete the install no problem
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

No, an 02 mount will not fit your truck. Depending on the brand of plow the year range will differ but will start at 03-??. A basic mechanic should be able to get the job done. If they cant, don't ever bring your car there to get fixed ;)

Good luck!
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

It was nice meeting you mike! Make sure to post a few pictures when its all hooked up and ready to push snow
  5. mikerocks

mikerocks Junior Member

Will do, sir. I just ordered the POR-15, Metal Prep, and top coat for the mount. I'll post some pics.

My wife and I appreciate the help.