1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Plow for 2004 F150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chiseled, Dec 21, 2007.

1. chiseled

chiseled Junior Member

I am trying to get a ballpark number for what it is going to cost me to put a used plow on my pickup. Is there a weight limit for a non-diesel truck? How much does it cost for a mount to be installed on the frame of a truck? What are the names of shops in northern nj that do this particular work?

Thanks to everyone who replies
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a used meyer st 7.5 for my 98 f-150 for 1750$ (I think I could have talked him down a few more hundred dollars) It came with a mount off a F250. I didn't want to buy the 450$ mount for the f-150 so I had the local snowplow/weld shop custom install my mount. They repainted my moldboard, a-arm, and springs to make it look nice, bolting a new cutting edge on, and ended up charging me 1000$ dollars for the entire install. I would assume it would have been less if I had the right mount to begin with. My FAGWR is only a weak 3600 pounds...I assume yours is somewhere in that same range. I wouldn't buy a plow that weights more than 775# installed. Hope that helpes a little.

98 F-150 4x4 w/timbrens
    Meyer St-7.5
  3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

and dont forget the ballast in the rear buy timbrens for the front and dont exceed the GWVR
  4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I have the same style F-150 as you. I would recommend nothing bigger than a 7'6" blade and keep it under the weight suggested above. I put the 2" Spacers in the front to give me a little extra clearance(and better look!). I have a mechanic that does work from his own garage, so I found a used bracket and did my own fab work to install my Northman plow. It is a 6'5" blade with wings and it is perfect for that truck.

I just installed the Arctic plow myself on the F350 and was about 16hours of work and $530 in parts(frame brackets, hardware, wiring harness). Most dealers want around $400 plus parts, so I figured the 16hours(thought it would only be 8) was worth it, especially when installing a used plow.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Typically for a whole turn key package, from soup to nuts, blasted and repainted, $2500 + install

I just sold and installed this 7.5" MDII on a Chevy it Ran the guy $2800

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  6. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

F150 eh,,,, have you tried attaching a few shovels to the front?? Dont wanna overwork the Ford and I hear its cheaper...... LOL sorry couldnt help it. wesport