1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used plow advise needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hackitdown, Oct 13, 2007.

1. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

Warning: Newbie here...

I need a 7.5' plow. I know that it will cost around $4100 to get the whole think new, installed.

However, I have the chance to get a good deal on a 1 year old Fisher MM 7.5' plow which Fisher says would be the right fit for my f150. It does not come with the truck side of things which I think means the frame, controller and wiring stuff.

I can get the used plow only for $1500. Is this a good deal? Will a dealer sell and install just the parts I need? How does this work? Thanks!

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to Plowsite. I would get the model # of the mount you will need and look for it on the fisher website. (there is a link at the top of this page) Is the plow in good shape? Does it have the wiring? Is there any holes in the blade, how is the cutting edge. That price sounds about right. Figure another $250-$300 NEW, for the mount plus the install. I would check ebay there is always someone selling mounts. Hope this helps good luck

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds like an incredible deal depending on the condition of things. As mentioned, there are some used but refurbished Fishers out there (we see a bunch of them here in New England from a few plowsite members). They hold their value & are absolute workhorses even WITHOUT the TLC guys give 'em. Fixed up, they are essentially new without the "new" pricetag. Good luck!

~Kevin

5. BladeScapes

BladeScapes Junior Member

That sounds like an excellent deal on a 7'5" fisher, as long as it doesn't need any welding.
    I just bought a used meyer 7'5' for my f150 for 1750$ with no truck mount, and a a-frame that needed welding!!

98 Ford F150 4X4
    Meyer ST 7'5"