1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used plow advice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Kunker, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Kunker

Kunker Member

I'm thinking about picking up a used Fisher plow, but I'm new to plows and need some advice on what to watch out for, or if it's worth my time to look at. Here's the ad:

"The second is a Fisher Minute mount set up that came from a 97 chev. The blade is in very good shape with one welded patch (very nicely done!) and has a back blade and side plates. It also comes with the complete minute mount harness and light assembly that detaches from the truck very simply. It also has a pump/reservoir that is mounted under the hood and is belt driven. This unit is operated by and electric joystick using a the more modern solenoid/valve system. I want $1500 for this system."

Did the MM1 or MM2 come with an underhood pump, or does this sound like an older plow? How can I tell the MM1 from the MM2? Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for? I'd be bolting it up to a 92 Suburban...would it be obvious if all the pieces need to hook it up are there?

Thanks in advance!

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Please list truck you would like to put on.

Easiest way to tell MM1 from MM2 . The MM2 Has a big yellow handle in front of it. it moves both side pins to release and mount plow. MM1 has pins you have to turn so they pop in

3. Kunker

Kunker Member

I'd be putting it on a 1992 K1500 Suburban. Thanks for the info on the differences.