1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used my Sno-way 9 cu.ft. spreader for the first time last night

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bad69bird, Jan 20, 2009.

1. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

First of all I'm a newbie to the biz so take it easy on me! LOL I bought the spreader used a couple of weeks ago and after waiting and waiting and waiting, I finally got the call! I tried to used rock salt/sand mix and it was wet...boy that was a PIA!:realmad: It turned into a two man operation because the auger couldn't turn (getting bogged down). My buddy had to keep shaking the hopper to get it to spread. Thank god I was driving and he was in the back! LOL We switched over to bagged salt...man what a difference! Overall I was very pleased with the spreader. Still trying to learn what the spreader likes and does not.

Where does everybody get their bulk rocksalt from, whether it's in the bags or loose? I'm in Delaware (New castle County).

One more question. How fast is the spreader suppose to turn? When it's on and I press the monentary side of the button for full power, the spreader speeds up a little, but not that much. Is that normal, or is there something else going on? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What controller?

3. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Just the standard off/on controller and when the switch is on, it has a monentary switch (almost like a three-way rocker switch).