1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used my backpack blower....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BlowerMoney, Dec 22, 2005.

1. BlowerMoney

BlowerMoney Junior Member

I don't use a plow, just a snowblower & a shovel. Well, I have a seniors complex of 42 condos on one street that I am contracted to keep clean when the snow is "under 2" (another plow company does them if over 2"). That's 42 driveways, walks plus street sidewalks.
    Yesterday we got just under 2" of light powdery snow and I tried my backpack leaf blower on them. Man, it worked like a charm. If I had to shovel all that, it takes about 6 hrs. I blew them off in 2.5 hours and that included salting.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Back packs work very well for the light fluffy stuff.
  3. nherweck

nherweck Junior Member

Hi, I'm curious about how you went about getting that commercial account. I'd like to do the same thing for a local condo complex as their plow company only services at 2" or more. We have frequent storms under 2" and I think it would help quite a bit. Thanks for your help!
  4. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

walk up to one of the residents with a business card in hand, and ask them.

they are pretty agreeable about spending association money.