1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used MT on 2005 F150/ Couple Question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by F150IL, Oct 29, 2008.

1. F150IL

F150IL Junior Member

Sorry for my dumb questions

NewB hereto setting up a plow truck

Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the MT plow lighting to go with my 2005 F150? I bought the plow used and the guy told me it was a "cake walk" wiring it! Not really!

I am completely lost on this one.

I was also told I have everything I need. The only thing I don't understand besides the lighting is this....How is the plow grounded? I have a large power wire to go to the battery, but where is the groung wire.

Please help...Snow is coming

Chris

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

3. F150IL

F150IL Junior Member

Thats a good question Tom.

I am not sure if I have the entire power harness. There is only one wire on my harness and the power plus at the plow end. I found it really hard to believe that it wasnt grounded. What should the harness look like?

Thanks for the wiring

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

These could help as well

this is the assembly instructions for the plow. It includes instructions for connecting the power wire
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Setup_Installation/97100728D.pdf

This is the install instructions for the sub frame
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100934b.pdf

This is the owners manual for the plow
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100727E.pdf

This is the parts manual. Includes a drawing of every part (almost)
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100740f.pdf

look at the comics (parts manual) so you can identify your parts, could be it's not all there.;)

6. F150IL

F150IL Junior Member

Thanks guys....You really seem to have this down

If I am reading everything correctly......I am missing the circuit breake and evrything back to the battery. That would include two cables going to my battery. At that point I have one power cable coming off the circuit breaker going to the plow.

Does this sound right?

I have one cable which I believe is the cable coming off the circuit breaker to the plow.

Thanks again for all the help!

7. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

If you need ford specific harness colours pm me and i will try to help i work for a dealer

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

NO the routing goes single power cable from the positive battery terminal to the CB then you should have a double cable #96104221 with the red going to the CB and the black going to the negative side of the battery.

9. F150IL

F150IL Junior Member

Wow...am I confused now

Basher....I tried to make heads or tails from the electrical instructions and it obviously didnt work. I think it is because I am so short on parts. I like to consider my self a lil' more mechanically sound than this.

All I currently have is the power wire that goes from the plow back to something. I guess what I am trying to figure out is what I need to make this right. I dont have much but I know I have one part I dont have to buy....LOL.

Where should I go to find these parts? I think there are plenty of dealers helping out here.

thanks again for your time helping the "rook" out

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Email me pics of what you have, we'll get it figured out.:nod:

We can get you the parts you need:cool: