1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used MM1 setup...now to get it on my Jeep

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by clendaniel, Jan 14, 2011.

1. clendaniel

clendaniel Junior Member
    from DE

Newbie here to the plowing world...with the amount of snow we get in DE and having multiple Jeeps I've never had the need for a plow and our driveway was at the end of a deadend road. Since we moved I now have a commuter car and a rather long driveway to contend with...combine that with getting old and lazy I could now justify a plow :D

Long story short I recently picked up an older Fisher from a friend just like the one in this thread. It's an older 2-plug setup that was apparently mounted on a CJ in its previous life. Save for a bit of surface rust it appears solid...a little sandblasting and painting and it'll be good as new. Not bad for $100.

Now I just need to source the parts to get it onto one (or mebbe both) of our lifted TJ's I've done some research here and on fisher's site and from what I can tell I need the following to get it onto a TJ (well, a stock-ish one):

7163-1 - Peculiar Attachment Kit
    29051 - Headlamp Harness
    29070-1 - 3-port Isolation Module
    9400 - Handheld Control

Now...being fairly comfortable in the realm of fabrication and having a plasma, welder, and bender I was considering just leaving off 7163-1 and fabbing my own mount since both are lifted ~4-5"

I assume that I'll also need the following to convert the plow side to 3-plug in order for it to work:

26359 - 3-pin control harness
    26347 - 11-pin light harness

Does my list look complete to you guys? Anything else you see missing?

For giggles here are the 2 rigs that it may end up being fitted to (primarily interested in getting on the yellow one...my wife's :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Ian