1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used MM I plow for 98 tacoma

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by potatomansoup, Dec 2, 2008.

1. potatomansoup

potatomansoup Junior Member

I am picking up a used 6'9"Minute Mount I plow for my Tacoma on Friday, It came off of a 2000 Tacoma, what should I be looking for on this to make sure its a good plow?
    I have only seen pics of it on craigslist.
    I am paying 1500 is this a good deal?
    I appreciate any help with this as I have never owned a plow before.
  2. bremery

bremery Junior Member

I would make sure the plow is not heavily rusted. Next I would look at the cutting edge to see what condition it is in. It could be worn down enough where the plow trip is dragging. You can also look at the bottom of the trip springs to see if material has been ground away.

For plows there are the truck side componets and the plow side. The plow side is basically the plow, lights, and electric pump (if it has one). The truck side is the push plates that go on the truck as well as the control wiring.

If the $1500 has everything (Plow, push plates, wiring, and plow control) and is in good condition then your all set. I think for a 6'9" that its a little overpriced unless its in great condition.

The fisher plow website has all the technical manuals for parts and installation. You can look there to make sure you have everything. Hope this helps.
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Size of the plow is irrelevant. The money is in the pump and wiring. A SEHP in working condition is worth $750 and Inst Act is worth more.

Bottom line, any straight blade setup is worth $800-1500 in good used condition. Get around $2000 and the plow should have been recondtioned.

FYI I have a Minute Mount that I would sell with Tacoma push plates for $1000.