1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used meyers??? under hood parts

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by gcfisher75, Nov 18, 2003.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

I had a meyers plow given to me and it came with the underhood setup. I don't know if everything works. I am willing to sell the pump and valve assembly. The pulley on the pump is smashed and would need to be replaced and the valve control seems like it would work, It probably just needs cleaned. Email me if anyone is interested. I have no way to get pictures of the stuff on here, so it would probably have to be viewed at my house. I plan on selling the stuff very cheap, so make an offer. I would take possible trade on a E47 or E60 electric pumps. or you could respond here.

2. peppygozinya

peppygozinya Junior Member

Where in PA are you located? How much do you want for the stuff?

3. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

I'm located in Grove City, it's about 40-50 miles north of pittsburgh, I would probably take like 100 bucks for the stuff but that is dealable. If your still interested post back, uh I am unable to get pics to here b/c I have no access to a digital cam. Like stated previously I have only the pump and pulley setup, (big pulley on pump is bent, tensioner pulley may need new bearing) and valve assembly it seams like it would work both valves move but dirt has gotten into where the lines attach so it would proabably need a good cleaning.

4. peppygozinya

I am really only interested in the valve setup. Would you consider selling only that?

5. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

what pump you have?

6. peppygozinya

I am not sure, it is an old belt driven setup. There is a belt driven pump that looks almost like a power steering pump with a tank on the inner fender. The lines then go into the valve block with rods running into the cab. It has up, down, left, & right.

7. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

I would sell just the valve assembly It was set up the same way with the rods coming throught the cab. I got the setup off of an 80's dodge, in which I have the mount to if anyone else is interested in that, I also have the cylinder that lifts the arm for this setup. Does $75 bucks sound ok to you? I am interested in locating a meyer's electric pump. This was the whole reason for selling this setup cause I did not want to modify brackets, cut holes in firewall, etc. cause I am mounting this plow on a 78 F150. and I just thought it would be easier to run wires to an electric setup. So I would consider some kind of a deal that way as well. Let me know what you think, where are you located? I would be willing to deliver up to a certain distance.