1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Kubota BX23 - Is it worth the price?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Rocketman73, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Rocketman73

Rocketman73 Junior Member

I'm looking at a 2004 Kubota BX23 that a neighbor down the road has for sale. I'm trying to get an idea if the tractor is worth the $14,000 he is asking? Haven't bought a tractor for over 20 years, I need something to mow my 3 cleared acres and to plow my 450 foot driveway in the winter time. Could also use the front end loader and backhoe attachments to do light landscaping.

Here are the specs:

2004 Kubota BX-23
    4x4 Hi-Low Range
    23HP Diesel
    263 hrs
    Front End Loader
    60" Mower
    Backhoe w/12" Bucket
    Turf Tires all around
    One Owner
    Bought from and Serviced by Local Dealer

Unit has a few scratches and scrapes. Garage kept.

Any ideas?:help:
  2. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Just but a new one, kubota always offers them at 0% for 36 months. Which is why you always see 3-4 year old ones forsale. As dealers won't take them in on trades when someone up grade to a bigger tractor after its paid off. The dealers can't give the used ones away because of the hight resale value.
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

If you pay 14 k for that machine you are certifiable! You can go buy a brand new B series for that kind of money. BX are useless, i always take a lot of heat for saying that but its true. Im a big fan of kubota, owned several over the years, go buy yourself a nice 7610.