1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Hiniker Poly Trip Question

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by JayHawk Nation, Mar 26, 2010.

1. JayHawk Nation

JayHawk Nation Junior Member
    from Kansas

I'm looking at another truck. It is an 05 Chevy, Duramax, Reg Cab. It happens to have an 8' Hiniker Poly Trip Edge Plow on it. I couldn't find a year of manufacture but it looked like 3 to 4 years old. I'm new to Hinikers, anything specific I should look for to make sure its not going to cost me more than it's worth. It came from a landscape company so it got some commercial use but it doesn't look beat up.

Obviously, cutting edge, pump operations, controls functional but anything specific to watch out for? Thanks

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Some guys have had the mounting forks break. Mine just finished its 3rd season without a issue. Friend of mine has a 10' on a f800 no issues in the 6 or so yrs he has had his.
    Very easy on and off too.

3. JayHawk Nation

JayHawk Nation Junior Member
    from Kansas

Used Plow and Truck

I really wasn't looking for this rig. I was going to wait til late summer/fall to look for another truck but this one, with the plow, low miles, doesn't look beat on and not to mention that a dealership isn't going to hang on to this truck long. They won't sell a plow truck the spring or summer and they wont want to keep their money tied up in it that long. They were asking 19K but they have called me twice after I said I would give 14.5K to 15 for it so I think they want to make it move off their lot. I didn't want to spend the $$$ but I think I would be saving a ton in the long run.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Hiniker has only had the 10'er for 2 years now.

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Was told it was a10'. Definatly bigger then my 8'. Its a steel plow not a poly. Definatly more then 2 yrs old, thing has very little color left on it.