1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Grotech Swingaway 2000 Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

We have a used Grotech (now SnowEx) swing away tailgate spreader. This unit holds around 650 lbs of material. It is low and is less obstructive to your rear view as seen in pic. Comes complete with control unit and wiring. Needs the spinner bearing replaced. Pic is a file photo of same style. This unit was around 1500.00 new. Asking $250.00 contact Ian 586 405-1321

grotech.jpg

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Metro,
    I'm definately interested, is there any way that you can send me some actual pictures of the unit? Jwu91@yahoo

Also, what condition is the motor in, as well as the mounting hardware?

Thanks, John

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Man Snowy, I haven't seen you post over here in over a year!

4. Metro Lawn

The unit is in a warehouse where we keep old equipment. If I can run down there I will get some pics. It is the same as the one in the picture. It is in good shape no cracks ect. The motor is excellent. It is enclosed inside the unit and never gets exposed to the elements. The hardware should be ok minus the bolts, they were rusted.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Well, seeing as you are about 6 hours away, is there any way that you can get a shipping quote to Peoria, IL 61614, I'm not sure that this is going to be that cost effective....

6. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

I'm interested. Maybe we can meet halfway or something?

7. Metro Lawn

Would be under $100

8. Metro Lawn

I really can't go that far for something this small, but I do go up just south of Flint on a regular basis.

9. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

That would work. I have family in columbiaville (just north of flint) maybe we can work something out? 231-775-9974

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If the shipping were at or around $100, I would definately go that route. $350 plus a pillowblock isn't too bad, as long as it has the variable speed...

11. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

metro lawn

i sent ya an email regarding this spreader an your dodge. i want this spreaderso consider it sold just email me at philcolandscape@aol.com or call me at 270 763 8322 home or cell is 502 439 7991 thanks george

12. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I will take both. If you are willing I will pay 250.00 cash and trade ya a meyers e-60 pump. The pump leaks a little from the block but I think it is a seal. It runs and operates great just don't have the time to fix. Let me know asap I have been looking at one on ebay.

13. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I also have a ariens 2 stage blower with elec start that I would be willing to trade.

14. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

15. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

If you still have this spreader please email me or call me.

Mcamaglia@gmail.com
    (330) 352-6561

Thanks,

Michael

16. naco

naco Member

if you still got the spreader call me 586-531-1315, i'll get it i'll be in roseville monday and tuesday
    pierre

17. Metro Lawn

These items belong to my brother. I can't make any type of deals with them. If you are serious call him. He does not get my emails or pms. Contact Ian 586 405-1321

18. baddboygeorge

scam??

i have left ya messages about buying the spreader , an no return call or anything . if ya dont have a spreader for sale please dont post this is a site that is for business purposes not some waste of time place to post false sales. again if you have nothing for sale dont post thanks george

19. Metro Lawn

I called you myself and kept getting voice mail. No sense in playing phone tag.

Everything that is listed is availible for sale. But due to the fact that some people do not read the postings all the way through, I am spending all my time answering pms and emails and I am not the one with the items. This goes for anyone interested. Items are all for sale. Cash only, no trades unless you have a 16' or larger trailer to offer, No PMs, No emails, contact Ian at 586 405-1321 days or 586 465-3259 evenings

20. baddboygeorge

I called you myself and kept getting voice mail. No sense in playing phone tag.

well metro its kinda funny i have voicemail set up on both numbers i gave ya an to no avail i didnt even get a message an besides that i have caller i.d. on both lines an your numbersm never show up . so no y didnt call an if ya did ya should have left a message , that is what voicemail is for . i dont know how you run a business not returning phone calls anyways i wont be doing business with ya cause i dont deal with people of your nature . good luck in future posts !! george phillips