1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used GMC question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mr.Ziffel, May 11, 2001.

1. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel Junior Member

Hi guys, I'm over from the LawnCare side with a question about a nice, clean GMC Sierra SL Regular cab, long bed pickup I have on approval from a friend. He's had it for a year and put about 30,000 miles on it commuting and running parts, etc., for a commercial painting crew and now it has 138,000 on it. I'm looking for a third vehicle/pickup for hauling large or nasty or heavy stuff I don't want to use my trailer for, so I'm not going to be a heavy user. He's selling because his company bought him a new GMC p/u for his exclusive use--nice company.

My question is, 'do you have any specific suggestions of what to look for in this model year?' I've done all the standard checking, tests, etc., and for the price [$3500] it's all but a done deal. Just thought I check your collective knowledge. Thanks. Will M.
  2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

what year is it?
  3. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel Junior Member

'92 - Sorry about that--I tried to make sure all pertinent info was in there and then missed the most important piece! Will
  4. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

4x4? Engine? Trans? Model? (1500, 2500, 3500..) I'd say it's a good deal so long as it is mechanically solid and you don't expect too much from it, being a 3500 dollar truck. Go for it.