1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by peanut46g, Jan 7, 2004.

1. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

About how much should I expect to pay for a 2001-2004 used F-350 4X4, supercab, 8ft. bed, leather seats, and less then 50,000 miles? I have been looking for months and I can't find what I'm looking for for a reasonable price. I really can't afford a brand new one. The price seems to be very high for this kind of truck.
    Thanks a lot, Dan

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I would think that there would be a huge difference between a 2001 and a 2004. If you are looking at a used 2004, why not buy a new one?

3. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

I really don't want to pay any more then $33,000. If I payed that much it would have to be a very nice truck. My budget is tight this time of year so I really don't need the high payments. I have seen some used 2004's but they have had things that I didn't want or other things and were in my price range. One thing that I forgot to mention is that I want the 7.3 diesel. That is a big price difference, and if it comes down to it I will get a gas. Any info and recommended price ranges would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot, Dan

4. GPB

GPB Member

Going with a gas is going to save you thousands. but if you can afford it, stick with the diesel. Also with the gas motor- The 5.4 liter is a little underpowered for this size of truck, If you dont tow heavy loads with it, you'll be fine. Normal driving, plowing, hauling loads they do fine, but you put a big trailer behind you'll be wishing for a V10 or diesel.