1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used ez-v or new xtreme v fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by home rescue, Oct 1, 2007.

1. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Looking at almost 6000.00 for new extreme v fisher stainless steal v-plow, or dealer offered last years ez-v used 3 times, plow was taken back from user, anyway 8 1/2 foot v would sell to me installed 3500.00 - 4000.00 + tax installed still with 2 year warranty. I really wanted the new stainless but looking at saving 2000.00 to 2500.00, what would everybody else do. I know this is an opinionated question, but do appreciate your guys opinions.:dizzy:

2. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

Well, that does include installation, it was only used three times, and he is giving the warranty with it, the thing is pretty much a brand new plow. If it was me I would save the money and go for the slightly used plow. As long as there were no major dents, dings, and RUST. Now with the stainless plow your alleviating the threat of rust, which is a huge incentive. With saving that kind of money, you can think of yourself as starting out the season in positive numbers, rather than already in the negatives, lol.

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Well thats what I was thinking, I had one employee this year cost me close to 10,000.00, thank goodness he's gone. But anyway what I liked on the new fishers was the v joint, bigger pivot pin, no center rubber,new one has curved wear bar a v joint, and I guess the ez-v scrapes as good as the xtreme-v, but the ez-v is about 80 pounds lighter. Why does everything have pros and cons to make decisions so hard.

4. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

Those decisions are really what makes and breaks a man, but you must press on. Listen, most of that stuff they tell you at the dealer is crap anyway, all the new features the new v-plow comes with. Sure the stainless steel option is nice thats for sure, but the rest of the features do not out weigh the savings of the used plow. Just the fact that you found a used plow with installation for such a great price is unbelievable. I tried to do that last year until I got fed up and bought a new one. I was on ebay trying to piece a plow together and save money, that didn't work. A lot more guys would have a used plow, only if they found the kind of deal that you found.

5. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Thanks ford plower.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would look at the updated features between the two and if there isnt much difference, I would save myself a couple grand and go with the used plow especially if it comes with a 2 year warranty. But the other fact is a stainless steel will have minimal rotting issues down the road, I love mine. Good luck.

7. duramaxmeyer

duramaxmeyer Junior Member
    from 11971

v plow

where is the dealer with used plow??? im goin crazy tryin to get one asap!!!! their selling very quickly :[

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

4 year old thread. I guess you're using the search button though.