1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used DXT 9.2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MajorDave, Sep 10, 2014.

1. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Thoughts on a slightly used - if not at all (honestly), DXT Stainless 9.2...Full set up - installed as well...$6500? Good deal - not?

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Ouch. How much is a new one?

I know the mvp3 is about a thousand less. New + warranty

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

A 9'2 stainless DXT is $6400 around here.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Not
    $6386 plus install but new

5. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

$5995 installed here for the same plow and its only about 6 hours north of you.

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

My 9.2dxt was around 5800 installed.

7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

New and installed? I'll drive! (they are saying warranty will be good as it is same shop - no idea if this is correct)

BOSS - comments?

8. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Once again - I will drive - anyone - have numbers to these dealers?

Local guy quoted me over $7k for the 8.2, but that is NYC/Long Island prices - crazy!

9. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

All good info.

10. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Red's Garage in Port Chester, NY - very close to me - came in at $6100 (little more than way up north)...tax is about 6500...can't get around tax...but he is open 24 hr during storm...thoughts? Is that worth it? - that is all I hear on here about a dealer working with you, being there etc! R&W on LI is higher - way higher...

11. maxwellp

If you can not fix anything and do not keep spare parts, then a good dealer that is open when it snows is priceless.
    I like backups - extra everything plus some odd parts. I will fix it later. This way I am self reliant. Last year was the first year the I had to use a backup - No it was not the BOSS, the little Dodge 1500 let a front u joint go that was not that old. Just got out the other Dodge.

So I would buy the Boss where it is the least expensive. :)

12. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

All valid points. I have to weigh is it worth the drive, gas, and time to head 6 hours North then 6 hours back, plus the 8 waiting and maybe a hotel and meals...

13. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Road trip?

14. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I'm thinking I will pay about the same and spend almost that much up and back (with additional passenger = food, shopping, and bs!) than if I drop it off and pay the tax...

15. maxwellp

I would say that you have to add all the trip cost, Tax and anything else in to the price. So it could end up being more if you have to travel very far.

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Ya - looks to be about the same price to head up there overnight and back...and I dev a relationship with a shop - not a bad thing. I have to decide if I am going Stainless or Not ----