1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Duramax...to MUCH

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Nov 29, 2011.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

Tell me im looking for a truck would like a diesel so i priced a new one and its somewhere around 40-47k so i said i used just want you guys opinion becuz i never own a diesel before so need some help 2004 chevy 2500hd 98000 miles 6.6 diesel reg cab power tow package never plowed with clean nice shape the dealer asking 20k is that to much
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't sound that bad to me...
  3. acresmax

acresmax Junior Member
    from Ontario

Too much. I picked up 07 RCLB Duramax/Allison 4x4, power, plow prep, 46000 miles. I bought truck in March 2010, paid 25000. Thats canadian $ eh. You guys are ussually cheaper. I would say $18 is better.
  4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

20K for a truck with NO warranty? way too much IMO
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

40-47 sounds cheap for a new one......
  6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

40-47 is cheap depending on options.. That isn't to bad of a price, is it clean? So if it's an 04 that would make it an lb7 unless it is a late 04, then that would be an lly. The lb7's are prone to injector failure and headgasket issues along with injector cup problems. Check out the vin number, if the 8th digit is a 1 then that means its an lb7 (all those problems mentioned above) if the 8th digit is a 2, that means it's an lly. The lly's have headgasket issues, but i wouldn't worry to much about them. If you need any help or questions, feel free to pm me.
  7. eggman2006

eggman2006 Junior Member
    from MD

I bought my 2006 July 2010 w/ 101k on it Crew Cab Short bed LT3 for 24.5k and talked it down 1k. It never had plow or brake controller hooked up. Just the boss truck @ small business. The pre-emission trucks (2007.5 &earlier) in good shape hold their value well. The LLY is a good motor but do face the mentioned head gasket problem. Studs should set you straight.