1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used duramax 2500/3500 which one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by spongebob, Mar 26, 2005.

1. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

are there bad ones (model year) to stay clear of?
    :eek:

2. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

It all depends what you need,(dump or pickup body ) I don't think you could go wrong with either. I'll tell you though, our 03 2500hd is like a rocket. Also there have been many post on overheating, none of our trucks have ever overheated, even plowing 38 out of 40 consecutive hrs. :waving:

3. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

pick up for me..i live at 4000', and do alot of climbing, and do stints into death valley. i carry a pretty hefty load of freon bottles and the rest.

my 454 is just right for me, but the 6-8 mpg is getting to be a bit too much.

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

The 01s were the first year for the D-max. They have had a few problems with injectors. They now carry a 200k on them. Check out dieselplace.com it's dedicated mainly to the D-max! :nod:

5. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

thanks doOd.. :cool: