1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used complete meyer plow for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by obrut, Jan 23, 2007.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I have an older meyer plow setup off of my 1990 silverado 1/2ton. I bought a new valve and pins for it about 4 years ago and the last time i had it on my truck was about 2 years ago. It worked ok but went to the left slow. I took this off before i sold my truck and its been sitting since. I'm looking to get $400 for it, I'm in Lemont IL. see pics at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tpalmisano@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762386615003

I also have the wiring and solenoids for it.

Tim
    gsxr_600@hotmail.com

2. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

to the top

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Where in Illinois r u?

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I'm in Lemont close to 355 and I55.

5. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

400 or trade for cap that fits 2000 NBS GMC with 8ft bed

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

This set up should go on to a 98' chevy k1500 without to much work right? i dont know if they have changed anything since 90 as far as wiring or mounts go. Also what size blade is it, how tall, and what pump, and what type of controller, thanks

7. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

It should fit, this uses the three toggle switchs for the controls. This plow is going to need a little work because of the angle problem that it had. But its a good if your looking for something cheap.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Im just trying to get into plowing with a truck so i was looking for a cheap close set up to use. What do you think the angle problem is? Slow valve or something in the pump? Thanks Also is it a 7.5ft blade?

9. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

not sure about the angle problem, yes it is a 7.5ft blade.

Tim

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

ok thanks, im still interested and dad hasnt told me no, but he hasnt said yes either, so im working at it.