1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Boss Value?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by junior426, Dec 20, 2010.

1. junior426

junior426 Junior Member

Bought a new to me truck this year from my Old Man and it came with the plow he had on it for doing his house. Being young, and not having a house, I don't have much use for the plow other than to make money. I've been subcontracting on a few commercial lots to make some extra cash, and this is the first and last year I'm going to plow with this truck. Anyways I'm looking for the value for when I sell it after this season. It is a Boss 8'0", Super Duty RT3 with Smart Hitch1. Decent shape, not the prettiest, but everything works 100%. No leaks, fluid changed end of last season. No rot, just some paint peel and surface rust. Cutting edge is still very good. Also wondering the value of the frame and harness for a Ford F250 Super Duty. Thanks for your help guys.
  2. timberjack

timberjack Member

Not sure on the plow pricing, seems to be quite different in all markets. But getting your best dollar from it will probably come about a week or two before the first snowstorm next fall.

FWIW - I've been watching a 99-07 Ford undercarriage and truck harness a fellow has been trying to sell for about 4-5 weeks on Craigslist, and been asking $500 obo. I'm going to go check it out after x-mas, and see if he'd take $400 for it, depending on condition of course. Don't really need it, but have an '07 F250 that i might rig up as a spare truck, or just store the mount and wiring in the warehouse for future use/sale.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

anywhere from $1000-$2500