1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Boss V plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrploww, Apr 1, 2011.

1. mrploww

mrploww Junior Member
    from OH

I am looking at a used Boss 8'2" V plow RT3, SmartHitch2. Owner says it is 4 years old and has a new cutting edge on it this year. It looks good in the pics and does have a little surface rust in places. He is asking $2000 and this includes the Smart Touch controller. It does not include truck mount or truck side wiring. Do you think that sounds like a pretty good deal for one that is 4-5 years old?

Thanks!

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Doesnt sounds bad when you consider the price of a new one. Before you purchase be sure to price out a truck mount and wiring/controller.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad price, I had asked Jim from ESI Trucks last fall for a price on truck side wiring harness, battery cables, solenoid and controller, if I remember right the price was around $475 with manuals.

And you would have lots of time to find a used truck mount before next winter, should be able to find one for around $250. In the end you should be able to keep the total cost under 3 grand if you install your self. It's not a hard job.