1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used blade price

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cward05, Feb 26, 2007.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi everyone,
    just a quick question...i'm getting rid of my 83 chevy k10 pickup through charity, first question is, do you think it's better to get rid of the blade too or should i sell it separately (only the blade, not headgear - it is a conventional mount?) it is in pretty good shape with a good cutting edge still on it. the plastic on the hoses are cracked, but they do not leak. also, the blade is slightly rusted (only surface rust) but the paint and logo and pretty decent. how much do you think i could get for it? i'm located in connecticut. thanks! ps i know this is hard to do without a picture, but a rough estimate would be great!
  2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My 85 GMC 3/4 sat for months and months with the conventional blade on it for sale without a single bite, so I called the charity to haul it away. I got a $500 deduction on my taxes for the whole rig...I would have gotten a $500 deduction without the plow too since thats the minimum they'll give so if you can get an extra hundred or so in your pocket you're better off selling the plow.