1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Cooter24, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I am going to check out a used 810 for my second truck. I like my speedwing so much I want another Blizzard. What is the difference between the one and two cylinder wings? Do I want to stay away from the older two cylinder wings? I would also like to be able to control it from my truck. Did they ever change the plug ins? Thanks in advance.

2. damian

damian Senior Member

Stay away from older two cyl wing models,nobody has parts for them,they take different main blade edge no one will have.plugs all same.wing box design has no good way of removing slush build up from behind wing box like later models.dont do it to yourself

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Just run without the cover plates.

I think you are lumping the 99/2000 model in with the 01/02 model

Several inaccuracies there, 01/02 same edge as current, plugs are diff for 99, one less pin, could use one from a newer model though.

Granted, service is easier on a single cylinder wing model, ie 03 or newer. I've never had a problem getting parts, must be I have a better supplier;)

4. damian

damian Senior Member

its not just the cover plates,the anchor area for the slide box pistons on the older models is flate while the later models have larger exit holes and a wedge design anchor area. i assumed he had and early 99-2000 model i may have assumed wrong. i have been a blizzard dealer for many years and i would rather not work on any early 8 hose models,when these things are upwards of 10 years old the wear,early poor design features and corrosion really make repairs difficult and the odds of going a whole storm pretty low.i stock alot of blizzard parts but very few for these early models as they arent as many left around my way ,you can fix anything but at some point you have to wonder when to say uncle. i would rather have happy customers that make $ than frustrated guys trying to get me to fix junk at midnite,9 degrees,blowing snow.like i said,just my opinion.

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

being a dealer and sold both new are easier to work on than the old thanks in part to a guy in erie the older models move slooooooooooooow. how to tell look on the back where the hoses go into the main board if they go in through a cover plate get it real cheap I think you can make it work like the new ones with some money or make it a810 scoop plow!!!!! parts are still available dont worry you will need a different controler for the 810 but you should be able to take the old on back and get another 810 controler then will work in both trucks

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'd buy all I can for the right price. I'm not impressed with the latest 810 from DD. Not the same plow it once was IMO.

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Hey there Beam, I wasn't the one that made em slow. :dizzy: I was the one that made em faster and told you the easy methods for repairing them so you could make more payup.

I like the 4 hose models for the way they perform. The only real issue is hose replacement but with some sleeving a little rework and common sense they will work trouble free for you.

Like Johnny said, will take em if you don't want em.

J