1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used 2011-2013 GM 2500HD - anything to look out for?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JFon101231, Nov 20, 2014.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

My current 2002 is starting to nickel and dime me, and feeling like I need to reward myself.

Would be looking for 4x4 6.0L gas, either extended or crew cab. I'm not aware of any particular issues with these trucks, but is there anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks!

2. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

My 2011 has 115,000 miles, mostly highway, bought new and has plowed just 20 hours a season

with zero issues

just tires and routine maintenance

uses about 1/3 a quart of oil in 5000 miles

excessive abuse or heavy salt are the enemy

if the frame ... or under the hood is VERY rusty - stay away

my truck idles smooth and shifts nearly flawless

hope my next one is this good

3. Im-not-guilty

Im-not-guilty Junior Member
    from Maine

11-13 trucks are pretty solid ...
    5 years 100k powertrain warranty
    So if their is any issue gm will fit the bill until either time or mileage is up

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Cosmic - wanna sell? :cool:

I'm trying not to spend a fortune, so I'm considering buying a truck with higher (highway) miles as it is not a daily use kind of truck and would prefer not to spend $30k+ on something that will sit 5 days a week.

Good point on the powertrain warranty - assume that is transferable? You can tell how long since I bought a vehicle new enough it was covered under warranty ;)

5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

6. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

will be selling after this winter +-