1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used 2010 F-350 - Suggestions Welcome!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Buck331, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Looking to add to my fleet. Just found this 2010 Ford F-350 SD XLT 4WD with 6,452 original miles. Asking Price is $26,998. Clean Carfax. Fisher Plow Mounts and wiring are installed (No Plow). Truck has 5.4 engine and 3.55 sure lock rear end.

I'm currently running a 2008 F-250 with the V-10, and 4.10 rear end with Boss V-XT , and love it.

Just seeking thoughts and advice on this truck regarding maximum price I should be willing to offer, and 5.4 engine history and performance, and Fisher Plow suggestions.

Thanks!

F-350.jpg

Attached Files:

2. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Doesn't sound like a terrible price. Offer them $25,000 and see if they take it.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice clean truck, I think 25 would be a decent price and you could put any fisher on there you want

4. Buck331

Buck331 Member

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

What an idiot

6. Buck331

Buck331 Member

I went back and offered $25,300. NO DEAL - He stated $26,200 was bottom line, plus tax, title, and license - I walked. There is 17 months remaining on the 60 month power train warranty. Looking at new ones...

I've been to several auctions with car dealership friends, and cherry trucks generally go through the bidding line for NADA retail prices. I'm thinking this guy is buried deep into this thing.

Local Ford dealer advised to look for, and expect large upcoming price incentives in the $4500-$6500 range on or about the 4th of July weekend.

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

If it was a diesel I could see that price

But I can buy a new one for what he's asking

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a new superduty, they want/need to move the 14's off the lot.

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

C'mon Whiffy! I like you and respect your opinion, but that price for a brand spanking new one???

10. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Yeah. Reg cab 6.2 about 27k here

I can get an extended cab 6.7 for 35-7 with a plow.

Of course not lariat level. But xl/t with power windows and rubber floors

11. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Dear Whiffyspark,

I hereby wish to make you friendly gentleman's offer, or challenge. I quickly reviewed you profile - am I correct in saying that you reside in Maryland?

My 1st challenge/offer is this: You show me a "New" 2014-1015 Super Duty F-350 XLT Extended Cab 6.7 Diesel 4X4 with a "new plow" (Boss, Westerm, Meyers, or Fisher) for 35K-37K - Not including sales tax, title, and registration fees, nor plow install fees - "I will fly to your location, buy the truck, and treat you to dinner & beverages at the finest steak & lobster restaurant of your choice". In addition I will shake your hand and give you a $100 bill!

My 2nd challenge/offer is this: You show me a "New" 2014-1015 Super Duty F-350 XLT Regular Cab 6.2 Gas 4X4 (with NO new plow) for 27K - Not including sales tax, title, and registration fees - "I will fly to your location, buy the truck, and treat you to dinner & beverages at the finest steak & lobster restaurant of your choice". In addition I will shake your hand and give you a $100 bill!

With all due respect, here are links to the ford inventory (extended) search engine list of all 2014 & 2015 Ford Super Duty XLT's in the Baltimore, and Annapolis Maryland areas using zip code 21202 (Baltimore) & 21401 (Annapolis). The following links include both gas & diesel engines.

Baltimore:
    http://www.inventory.ford.com/deale.../?zipcode=21202&model=SuperDuty&segment=Truck

Annapolis:
    http://www.inventory.ford.com/deale.../?zipcode=21401&model=SuperDuty&segment=Truck

Blank Search Engine - (Enter your zip code and give it a try) Be sure to click highlighted filters to the left, and be sure to click "extended inventory".
    http://www.inventory.ford.com/model/2015-SuperDuty

Are you willing to offer me $100 dollars if your above quote is incorrect. I will be happy to PM you and provide you with my mailing address.

Note: This offer shall remain valid until midnight on June 30th, 2014. I'm looking forward to buying a new truck and treating you to dinner! Bring your wife and kids if you wish!

PS: Can you pick me up at the airport and drive me to the dealership?

Sincerely,
    Buck331 - Minnesota

12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

here is what i could find

P07.jpg

13. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Thank you unhcp,

Wow - Those kind of price discounts are NOT being offered anywhere in Minnesota! I was just second guessing myself not buying the above used F-350 for $26,200. I would be money ahead flying out and buying new with bumper to bumper warranty - Very, very informative and helpful. My thanks to everyone on this great site!

Will I owe "Whiffyspark" that steak, lobster, and beers? Let's see if he can make me live up to my word!

I am serious though - Looking for new: FORD F-350 6.2 Gas Supercab 6.5 Short Box - or (2nd choice) Regular Cab (with new Boss V-XT 9'2" Steel).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  14. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

http://waldorfford.com/

Click on sales flyers. They also come down on advertised prices some. Battlefield and tedbrittford also have some good deals once in a while

Koons is the one that had extended cab diesels. Guess they sold them all a while ago

He only has one plow truck left on site. And they want too much for it lol

15. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I would personally buy an extended cab. I can't stand single cabs anymore

16. Buck331

Buck331 Member

I agree Whiffyspark, I'm currently running an extended cab short box, and love it. I'm thinking a regular cab might be something I'll regret. Thank you much, your information is both valued and appreciated.

17. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I have too much junk for a single cab. Plus running a salter it's not wise to have a tool box in. And then if my kid/wife wants to come plowing? No room lol

Think my next one might be a crew cab to be honest

18. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Those adds are great but if you look there is only one stock number listed at that price and it was probably already sold. The key to advertising like that is to get you into the dealership.
    The best thing to do would be an iternet search of dealer inventories in your area and see what thier prices are, plus you will start seeing alot of rebates on 14's as the 15's are rolling out. There are also several high volume dealerships out there that sell at deep discount and will drop ship a truck to you anywhere in the country.

19. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Ding Ding......We have a Winner......Those ADs are intended to get your rear into the Dealer.....Then you get there and you get....Sorry sir, but those have been sold...But, we have this one that is close and only $9000 Grand more.....It will only cost pennys more when you finance it over 6 years....You are so Boned up by then for a New Truck...You will sign anything......Marketing 101 my friends

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use this guide http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/research/tools/price-checker to find low, high and average pricing for the area you designate.

Armed with that information you can find a LOCAL DEALER, establish a relationship with a salesman/service department, buy at a fair price, have local service from a dealership that wants your future business all without plane tickets, travel time and cost.

Come out here to the east coast the average sales cost on a new F350 is $29K. save a grand over Minnesota? maybe, spend a grand saving a grand sure.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014