1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

use of fisher speed-caster 2 with salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by boba, Jan 9, 2002.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

Only second year of sanding. Using v box on F350 for sand/salt mix. Wondering if fisher speed-caster 2 would be good for times when straight salt would be required? Should it be applied in spread pattern or close to sraigth drop? Application is on a one mile paved road.
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

You can spread salt, sand, or mix with that spreader. Works great. Although Geoff recently started a thread that brought up a good point that they are difficult to service if\when they have a problem.
    "Should it be applied in spread pattern or close to sraigth drop?"
    I'm not sure what you mean or are asking here, but the spread pattern easily adjusts from a small swath to a large one.
  3. diginahole

diginahole Member

If its is a fairly high traffic road I would suggest a narrow drop pattern right down the middle of the road. I use this method and notice better and quicker results with less material used. Traffic will spread the strong brine very quickly.