1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

US Maintenance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dbhal, Aug 21, 2003.

1. dbhal

dbhal Junior Member

I am new to SIMA and the forum, I participated with 12 other snow contractors here in the Boston area on US Maintenance Jobs, and we have also not recieved payment for work since Jan. 03. A substantial amount of money. We would be very interested in hearing from those who have not been paid, could you please e-mail me so we can discuss further?
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

The line forms to the left :gunsfiring:
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Welcome to Plowsite. Feel free to contact other plowers and even discuss on Plowsite and issues. Keep in mind though that the site is publically viewable. You may not want to get into specific details in public forums. Never know who might be reading. May not worry you but I am sure you want to avoid trouble and get your money.
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Not getting paid seems to be a common problem with US Maintenance. I remember first reading about this two years ago. Have been reading consistent stories since then -- about not getting paid at all, that they make large "adjustments" to your bills, that they delete services you bill as having been provided, that the sub-contractor (you) doesn't get paid until they (US MAINT) gets paid, that you waive any right to take any action against US Maintenance or the companies being plowed. This isn't right and I have instructed my wife not to even bring to my attn any proposal from US Maintenance should they start in this area.

I may be opening myself to legal action, but I'm only saying this is hearsay - I have had no direct experience with US Maintenance. I have also advised several plow guys in this area to contact me before they do any contract plowing for companies 'from away'.
  6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

These kinds of traits seem to be common with these large companies managing large multi state\location snow contracts, based on my experiences & experiences of other contractors I have worked with & spoken to. So my advise is to investigate any of these "opportunities" very thoroughly before getting involved.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

email ken p

i think hes looking into a class action suit against
    us maint

8. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

One of the biggest jerks I ever worked for was a site manager that I worked for through U.S. Maintenance. After I doubled the pricing that they told me they were willing to pay, I reluctantly took on the account.

To make a very long story short, I told them in the middle of a storm that it would be in their and my best interest to find someone who could satisfy their very unique and special needs; which we were somehow not capable of meeting. :rolleyes:

We were paid for the work we perfomed. Unless I am on the verge of homelessness, I won't work for a couple of management companies out there. There are good and bad in every bunch. I am sorry to hear that some of you have not been paid. Good luck, and I hope it comes back to haunt them ten times over if half of what I hear from others is true! :nono:
  9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hey, welcome back SnoJob! :drinkup: I was wondering what happened to you.

10. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Thanks for the welcome back, Chuck. :waving: Like many others at Plowsite, I am making my best attempt at building an empire. :dizzy: I am sure as the season progresses you will be seeing more of me. Although I am thinking snow year round, I don't always get to come here to talk snow as often as I'd like. I always seem to get the fever when we have our last few 90 degree plus days of the season. I am geared up and ready (Not prepared, there is a difference!) for the snow and foul weather as if it was going to be here next week.
  11. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Its a real shame when you cannot coolect the money for a service you performed! I dont care what the service was, if someone asks you to do something and agrees to the price, then doesnt pay when the job is done, thats just totally wrong in my oppinion. Sure we all agree that its wrong, but it really eats my guts out. Then someday down the road, you see the person who owes you money and you see they bought themselves a nice brand new expensive car and you think to yourself, yea couldnt pay me, but bought a new car! :realmad: Sorry for the ramble and going slightly off topic. :D Mike

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

maybe if they park that expensive car on the street
    you might have to get alittle close with your snow plow and knock that $500.00 mirror off or drop the plow about a half block away and bury it

dont get mad get even:angel: