1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

US-Maintenance/Target

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dayexco, Mar 12, 2005.

1. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

any of you plowing for Target stores that outsource to US Maintenance? what has been your history dealing with them?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  3. Derekg

Derekg Junior Member

Dayexco what has your history with them been like?

4. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

we sweep a best buy for us maintenace/tower cleaning they are cheap and slow payers and go through workers like a druken sailor with old milwalkee

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

"US Maintenance" ...........STAY AWAY from those guys, they are scabs! :gunsfiring:

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, sounds like most big companys

7. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

They screwed me out of a 100.00 for a job I did for them.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They called last year about targetthey didn't ask for a bid they told me its pays 24,000.00 for the season. I didn't have the equipment i've been told say away also so i didn't realy care.

9. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Guys we could put a hurting on them if we wanted. Simply refuse to work for out sourced companies. You have everything, they only thing they have done is sat in some office somewhere and convinced a CEO that they can help their company. All the while contractor are busting their butt for companies like this. Why? I cant even fathom it. They want to sell services but know little about the actual work that needs to be done. Stay away......

10. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Do not plow for US Maintenance. I repeat DO NOT plow for them. You will be sorry in the end. They still owe me more than 6K from last season and are refusing to pay. I'm considering leagal action against them now, anyone interested?

11. sunriseturf

sunriseturf Member

My experience with companies like this is not good. Cut em out. This service is to important for the businesses and once these larger companies see that US Maintenance and the like keep hammering their snow contractors hopefully we will be lumped out of their business model and get back to working for the companies directly.

Ken I've seen your trucks in my area. Where are you based out of?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  12. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I just got bid requests from them for Bank of America. There were about 6 or 7 in my service area. I don't know where they come up with their pricing but I can tell you that I would not even start my trucks for what they were offering to pay.

13. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

Crap, I didnt know they handled Bank of America also. I just got a call from a guy that handles the 2 in my area.

That sucks. I have had 2 Seporate account managers call me for rite aids and targets. They were offering such a small amount of money that it wasnt funy. I got the target up to 40k started at 32, and i got the rite aids up to 5k started at 4500.
    in the end i didnt sign any of them because of the advise on this site, hope you all were right and didnt pork me out of 50 k .

dont know about the banks yet, have to fallow up tomarrow

14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

But realize that this thread is three years old. They may not have the contract any more.

15. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Stay away from them.or you will be sorry

16. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Run....Run....Run the other way....as fast as you can!!!!

17. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Mick, I cannot believe people don't look at the date...geez. Same here, property management firms change hands quite a bit.

18. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

There a bad pay

19. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Maybe not but USM still pays little and slow

20. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

If they pay $. Its never in full unless you fight for it.