1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

US Maintenance Problems?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SpankyVonShponk, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SpankyVonShponk

SpankyVonShponk Junior Member

Is anyone else having problems receiving payments from last seasons snow services from US Maintenance?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Here we go again.
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i would tell you to check out the search button, but,,,,,,,,,all USM threads have been deleted, to say there have been NUMEROUS problems by many people with USM is a understatement
  4. SpankyVonShponk

SpankyVonShponk Junior Member

Thanks for the responses, I posted this cause I couldn't find anything on this site, if anyone has the old thread archived please let me know. Does anyone know why all the other threads are deleted?
  5. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I think they are going to start losing some big contracts, only a matter of time.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I thought my post yesterday was more then fair. Why can't we give our opinions of good and bad providers? The one I mentioned yesterday lost the biggest contract in SE PA in the middle of the snow season last year. That is proof positive if they can't plow their own contracts they can't pay their subs.
  7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

by all means, give an opinion, but there is NO NEED to get nasty when doing so

we remove posts, threads, etc. and there is no reason to keep rehashing that fact...if you can discuss something like this in a decent manner then have at it
  8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

why? they bid them low and dont pay the subs,i bet they have a very good profit margin. most of the places that use them just want the cheapest price and that what they get. as long as they keep getting contractors to work for them and not get paid they will keep doing it.
  9. northernsweeper

why? they bid them low and dont pay the subs,i bet they have a very good profit margin. most of the places that use them just want the cheapest price and that what they get. as long as they keep getting contractors to work for them and not get paid they will keep doing it.

I agree, but when they don't pay their contractors it reflects bad on the businesses they service. That is what will have them in the end. That and greed.
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

So what are the guidelines for "nasty messages" ? Since ive also posted several long discussions about them in the past, and all were deleted.. I then re-posted the same post with much less content only to be deleted as well.... why?

Is saying theyre a bad company, dont pay, dont treat subs well, threatened canceled contacts to get more work out of the subs viable for having threads deleted?

So many guys on here ask about them because they cant search and find any past junk in their trunk about them...

And yeah, we do work for them, have since 2007... If you deal with their CA location, chances are you'll have no problem, Norristown, PA, whoa, theyre a whole totally different breed over there.. Its almost like you have "good usm" and "faulty usm"... I almost think of them mentally as two totally different companies,but with the same name :/

They still owe us a boatload for snow removal, now theyre trying to fight us on everything about the final payment... 6+ months later,

They also havnt paid almost 6k for another site contract which we just canceled two weeks ago for numerous problems. After we complied and still maintained the property for another two weeks so theyd have 14 days to get another contractor to handle it... they finally send us the cancellation letter and now threaten for like a 4th time in 2 months to pay less than our invoice/contract amount because of sub-par performance, cancellation and inadequate time to acquire another sub on this site...

That work is ALL through norristown PA.. good luck dealing with anyone from out there!

We handle over 125 locations for their CA location though in the east coast, very very few problems if any. And any that do arise, are easily taken care of, quickly and everyone is satisfied with the business relationship we've grown over the last couple years. Please save this text though, because it will probably get deleted when michael donovan sees it wesport
  11. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

They have paid me with no problem. So far they have been great to work for.
  12. northernsweeper

Have worked for them for the last five years, doing snow at a local chainstore. They are with holding 22,000 they owe me from last winter. My profit for the entire year. There was a slip and fall at my store in 08. That person got an attorney. My insurance talked to the person that fell. They couldn't remember if they fell inside or out, so my insurance company sent a letter to USM denying my liability. By them denying my liability they voided my contract with USM, which states I will hold them free of all liability etc. Then to make matters worse, my insurance company refused to renew, because of a loss that occured in 08, though there has been no suit filed and no loss. Now I am in a risk pool for insurance so its doubled in cost, and I'm broke because I can't get paid. What a crazy world we live in xysport
  13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

this is why if USM EVER shows up in my neck of the woods, I am going to hold a meeting with every provider in my area to make sure that USM never works here.
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What sites were you doing for USM? Im in cleveland and I would like to know what they subbed out last year. Dont worry I dont want anything to do with them.:nono:
  15. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

If everyone would simply refuse to work for these national service providers, it would divert the lions share of the profits back to the small contractors. Unfortunately, thats not likely to happen!
  16. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

Lawn king hate to burst the thought that if we stick it to USM we the plower will be in power. That just would leave a gap for another company to take up the slack.

Even local guys are doing the same crap that USM does. They bid out 100's of jobs just to watch the price go down. Then they hire idiots and newbees to do the work.

In general the US economy needs to grow and thus the number on plowers would be limited. Supply and demand. till then the markets are going to stay in the crapper.
  17. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

we've done the target store here long before USM showed up. i got the $4500 screwing last winter. today was sent a "survey"...asking for equipment lists...that's okay, i gave them that...then they want to see pictures, and verifications of registrations of said equipment...fug it, i'm not playing their reindeer games anymore. there's only 4 of us in town big enough to handle the property, and we're all friends, whoever is going to make a LOT of money.
  18. fdei10

fdei10 Junior Member
    from IL

USM payt problems

I spoke with one of my salesman. He told me of another contractor that is owed $40,000+ from US Maintenance in Central ILfrom last seasons' services.
  19. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We don't work nor would we but just a thought, the ones getting screwed left and right unite and a class action law suit brewing?!
  20. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

They all signed the same crazy contract...... they took a risk and lost......