1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

US Maintenance? ne1 done work with them

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JML, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I was recently approached by U. S. Maintenance, apparently they have the snow plowing contract for all of the Rite-Aid pharmacies in New Jersey. Just wondering if anyone has done any work with them, and if they pay. Thanks

joe

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Are you a sima member? If you are then checkout the thread about US maintenance on the sima site, if not.....................................................join.

3. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

no im not.. sorry... i assume you can't tell me what was said about them?

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

suffice it to say the info is not good. Consider joining sima. its well worth the investment in your professionalism and business.

I hope you got my private message.

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

This is a pretty public forum.... and "bashing" anyone is frowned upon.... so, the rule here is - if you can't say anything nice about anyone (or any company), don't say anything at all...

SIMA's forum is private and most members are much more wide open there, as any close knit community would be.

That's about a blunt as we can make it.

If you want more, email the poster from here directly (or via private message), and you might get more information.....

or...

Join SIMA.

6. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

maybe all of you SIMA boys should stay at that site and all others will look here. I think it is foolish that you pressure a guy into joining SIMA to get an answer to his question. that is not what the forum is here for as i understand a forum to be.

7. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

SIMA has it's professional advantage, but this is a public site. Private issues (such as is being discussed there) should not be aired here....

8. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

"suffice it to say the info is not good. Consider joining sima. its well worth the investment in your professionalism and business.

I hope you got my private message."

JCurtis stop pressuring people to join,I know you are trying to win the "Member Get A Member" contest :D , but you are going to farrrrrrr....LOL :nono:

9. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

FYI Mike

Mike, I am not pressuring anyone to join. Nor am I trying to win the get a member contest.

For your information, I have not nor will I enter the get a member contest at SIMA.

I was merely trying to give an informative public answer to the question raised, without going into detail.

as for my "I hope you got my private message" to the questioner, I had emailed him clips from the SIMA website that might answer his question.

If I was pressuring him to join SIMA, I would have said Join SIMA or I will come to your house and rip off your upper lip!!!!!

Besides, I have seen you tell people here to join SIMA on many occassions. What the hell makes you any better than me????:D :drinkup: :waving: :p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2002
  10. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

"If I was pressuring him to join SIMA, I would have said Join SIMA or I will come to your house and rip off your upper lip!!!!!"

That's good :D

Can tell the Sopranos are back!! :gunsfiring:

JCurtis you know I am not better than you or anyone else here.

If anyone would like to join Sima,just give Tammy a ring she would love to hear from you.814-835-3577 or www.sima.org

Last edited: Sep 20, 2002
  11. John Allin

Very few posts, didn't fill out the profile, and we should all move to another site...... and all we're doing is trying to follow the rules......

hmmmmmm.......

btw... I've been to Jeff's house for dinner (and a very good one at that)... if he wanted to rip off someones lip - he could easily accomplish this..... on most anyone :) :eek:

12. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

john,
    i guess you are referring to me indirectly. I do have a few osts and never filled out a profile ....don't think it is necessary ...I read these forums to get helpful info , but when there is an issue I feel I need to address I just type it. I guess if I had a profile and a lot of repliesand was a member of SIMA , then that would be ok with you?

13. John Allin

Doesn't matter what I think.... I'm just a poster here.... just like you. Nice thing about a forum like this... we're all equals.

You do what you think is right. I accept people as they are, not what I (or others) think they should be..... although I do think you missed the point of most of the posts contained in this thread..... just my opinion, for what it might be worth.

Either way, I have no intention of breaking the reasonable rules that we are all asked to adhere to - as others herein have already tried to convey.

14. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

OK, LETS ADHERE TO THE RULES. FUNNY THAT SMG DOESN'T THOUGH.

15. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Put up or shut up

OK, Uniscape, your tone is becoming more snotty as we go along. Since you seem to have some manner of problem with what SMG (which, as an entity, has NO status here on this board)does, please expand on your accusations so we can all understand what the issue is.

All I can see is that you are somehow taking shots at JAA as the head of SMG, which is totally irrelevant to anything happening in this thread.

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Technically, JAA is not the "head" of SIMA.

17. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

John,
    I comend you for the way you handled the matter at hand....

Uniscape,
    I promise that you have little to gain trying to insult Mr Allin. As one of the top persons in the buisiness he is well respected by many persons on this and other forums as well.

18. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I feel there is nothing more to gain as this topic is way off subject.
    It is getting to be a great big PISSING MATCH in my opinion and needs to be locked down by the moderators.

19. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Agreed.

~Chuck

20. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Boy oh boy

Boy, some of you plowMEN are really getting pissy to each other lately. What's the matter, too much overhead and not enough snow?

I enjoy reading this forum, and the petty bickering takes away from the integrity of this site. Do you really think that manufactuers of snow equipment will take our comments seriously when you belittle and insult each other?

I regard plowMEN as an honorable profession, America's road warriors, and all of you in that catagory. Do you know any other profession that grows strong while its members try to jam each other? If you want to be paid as a professional, act like it, otherwise, get into some other field where backbiting, ridicule and moodyness is the norm, like maybe lawyering.

Say did you hear the one about the lawyer and the plowman...

LOL, just kidding.......

Be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.