1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Us Maintenance A Investor Owned Company

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by landcare pa, Feb 8, 2006.

1. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

CHECK THIS OUT.

Sterling Investment Partners' Portfolio Company U.S. Maintenance Makes Acquisition
    Wednesday, February 8

Westport, CT -- Sterling Investment Partners ("Sterling") portfolio company, U.S. Maintenance (“USM”) has purchased DayStar USA, an exterior maintenance service company. Since Sterling’s initial investment in August 2003 USM has made three strategic acquisitions and together with internal growth has more than doubled revenues to more than $200 million.

US Maintenance acts as a national contract manager, leveraging its proprietary network of over 5,500 subcontractors throughout the U.S. and Canada. The Company currently provides outsource contract management services in the area of janitorial services and floor care, landscaping and snow removal, lighting and sign maintenance and repair and disaster restoration services. This allows the Company to rapidly source and effectively manage a network of local service providers, which would otherwise represent a logistical challenge to national companies.

DayStar has been in business for over 40 years and, like US Maintenance, serves the nation’s leading retail, hospitality, grocery, pharmacy, and food service chains.

With the support of Sterling, USM management has completed three strategic acquisitions as well as growing the business with existing and new customers. Sterling worked with management on strategic initiatives including the development of an industry leading compliance function and a 24/7 call center.

Charles Santoro, a Sterling Managing Partner noted, “USM is a dynamic, scaleable, fast-growing business that has the ability to continue growing through acquisitions and increasing service offerings. The Company’s recent acquisitions have enabled it to further leverage its core competencies and created truly national coverage.”

“We are very pleased to have DayStar as part of the US Maintenance family of companies,” said David Gansky, US Maintenance Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “The combined capabilities of DayStar and US Maintenance create tremendous synergies that will enable us to better serve all our clients.”

The Daystar USA acquisition follows USM’s acquisition of Network Service Management in June of 2005. Network, headquartered in Norwood, MA, provides lighting, electrical, and sign maintenance services to the retail industry.

Mr. Gansky continued, “We value our partnership with Sterling and their strategic and financial support as we executed our growth strategy."

Sterling Investment Partners invests in companies with significant competitive strengths and growth potential. Founded in 1991, Sterling has completed investments, strategic or add-on acquisitions, and liquidity events with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $4.7 billion, representing over 65 companies. Sterling maintains a broad industry focus, including professional and business services, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and technology-related businesses.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't pay anybody of course your revenues will go up.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

VERWWY INTERWESTING :dizzy:

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

A company to invest in, but not work with.

5. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

everbodys numbers look good when you dont payout what you owe

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

What’s funny is a rep from daystar was at the sima show this past June and he specifically told me they did things differently then the other national companies and mentioned the "mess" of US maintenance. He also mentioned that they had to pay more for subs because of it. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

7. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

snowplower

i just got hired by us mainteance for a new store, any body know anything about them? do they pay in 30 days like they say?

8. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

never worked with them but it appears NO! thirty days is outta the question,and i would suggest rereading the above replys because it looks as if you will be donating your services to them.just my 2 cents.:nono:

9. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

snowplower

yes i read them, hope some one with experience will get with me.

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You could do a search on "US Maintenance". Plenty of people with experience have posted about their experiences over the past few years.

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I am curios how is their pay scale now with you? When they tried to hire me and my company they were not paying enough to even consider it. I tripled their bid faxed it back.

12. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Snowplower

I thought there rate was very good, 40% more if i would of worked by the hour. I dont like the idea of taking a work order in for every single service and having to get signed by the manager. Makes you feel like a school kid getting there homework signed.

13. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Well what did they offer you? They did not offer anything but per hour.
    Trucks, shovelers, loader, salt?
    $50,hr 18.50hr, 75hr, 75 ton.( is what they offered me)
    I really want to know, also what kind of insurance did they want you to have.

Thanks
    Tim
    also what does that mean 40% more if by the hour??

14. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

snowplower

275.00 push 2-5" includes sidewalk takes 1.5 hour for service

15. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Snowplower

all yea, Ins. 1,000.000
    saltanything under 2" $ 105.00 that isnt so good
    for removal 90.00 for loader and 90 for dump truck
    plow on the first 2" than plow every add. 3" incriment all at the 275.00 per plow. Im used to $ 60.00 per hour I guessed at the 40 % you figure it.

16. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

search

Mike do a search on US Maintenance, they have a history on this site!!!!!!!!!

17. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Snowplower

i did and it didnt look to good

18. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Those prices dont seem to bad Mike. I would just ask for a retainer.
    Just think how much they must be getting.
    Good Luck and thanks for the info

19. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Snowplower

Yes prices are good as long as they pay at the end of the deal.

mike

20. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

u.s. maint. hahahaha good laugh!

they are cheap, dont pay, and are a great laugh,, have fun with them !!