1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Urethane Edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Strongmd, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

I'm thinking of putting urethane edges on my plows. We have 6 trucks and take care of about 225 residential driveways. We have backdrag bars on all of our plows. One of the nice benefits to urethane seems to be the quietness. Very nice for residential, but I think I'd need to do my backdrags with urethane too?
    Anyone with any experience? Thoughts?

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I don't know what a back drag bar is, but if you switch to urethane edges, you won't need the bars anymore. They back drag plenty perfect by them selves. Your resi customers will love the urethane (as will your drivers!).

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Matt, Please post some picts of your version of back drag bars. Lot's of interest in previous threads here on plowsite.

As for the U edges- Running Superior Edges and MTP edges on several blades here in Erie. So far the response has been positive for plowing and backdragging and more customers are looking for next year. Guess it's time to order more.

Working very well on the Blizzards due to the edge profile. If you are doing alot of backdragging you'll probably want to run them short to keep them from flexing as much but trial with each plow type is sometimes necessary.

Jerre

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We have the edges you need right now at end of season specials, call me for pricing. I dont want to carry inventory over the summer, so I can save alot compared to normal pricing. See add in used section.
    Dino

5. Gregg Blair

Gregg Blair member

Thanks for mentioning us Jerre. At Superior Engineered Elastomers, we produce the Polar Edge u edges, and spinners. Our product, just as MPT's, is made of high quality materials. We have the ability to custom make your blades and we also carry an inventory of common sizes. If you can provide Jerre or me with the dimensions you need, we will offer price and availability.