1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Urethane edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thelawnguy, Jun 23, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

How will it perform on slushy snow, as when traffic turns the snow to slush and then it starts to adhere to pavement at dusk? Or when the snow becomes wet and backdragging just skims the blade over the top? The steel edge just bounces along on top and I end up with two inches of concrete.<p>I feel the price is justified, given the wear characteristics. But if it wont help where its needed...<p>Bill
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yes they will perform on wet slush much like a squegee on glass. They actually cut better than steel on frozen packed snow. One thing to remember we all own snow plows, not ice plows, so if the stuff freezes nothing will remove unless you have serious down pressure.<br>for backdragging it is wonderfull, in fact I think it does better in reverse than forward.<br>When I get a area that has been packed down I will back drag it to remove the snow.<br>If you have any more ? feel free to call 860-859-0739, and visit my site,<br>www.thehousedoktor.com<br>I have a 3 page article about the edges there.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org